What is Child Development?
- It allows learners to study child development within the age range of 0 to 5 years old.
- Learners will gain understanding about a wide variety of potential careers linked to the development of children.
- This course will cover many topics issues such as pre conceptual health, reproduction, Antenatal care and preparation for birth, postnatal checks and care, conditions for development of a child, childhood illnesses and how to promote a child safe environment.
- The qualification connects learners with children through practical activities.
- Learners will have the opportunity to put their knowledge into practice through a combination of real-life case studies and research tasks, practical experience and theoretical study.
It is a highly worthwhile course of study for pupils, whether or not they wish to pursue the study of Children’s Learning and Development post 16 or whether it will be their last experience of it. This Technical Award is designed to equip learners with the practical child development skills they need to progress to further general or vocational study. They’ll develop a broad understanding of the sector, so they can make informed decisions about their career opportunities.
Learners will also develop valuable transferable skills including research, communication and collaboration.
Beyond this course pupils may wish to go directly into employment using their qualification or proceed to further qualifications that can lead to a vast variety of careers.
This subject provides an excellent foundation for those pupils looking for a career in areas such as Early Years, Teaching, Midwifery, Health Care, Social Work, Paediatric care and Embryology.
Year 10 Child Development OCR -J809
- R057 - Exam Unit: Health and Well-Being for Child Development
- R058 - Coursework Unit (completed in year 10) Create a safe environment and understand the nutritional needs of children from birth to 5 years.
- R059 - Coursework Unit (Completed in year 11) Understand the development of a child from one to five years